Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Improvement - SNES

It's Tool Time!
Back in the day, Home Improvement was once a popular show. It featured Tim Allen as Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, who, with his buddies, hosted a TV show about powering up pretty much any machine they could. Throughout the show, Tim would periodically make grunting noises and act like a neanderthal. I can see the premise for this game already, can't you?

Yes, someone thought to make Home Improvement into a game. God help us all. The story goes that you, Tim, and your Tool Time crew, are about to unveil some super awesome new tools from the Binford Company. Only when Tim goes backstage to bring them out, he finds they've been stolen! Oh no!

Fortunately for Tim, a note was left behind telling him to “go back to the stone age.” Bright guy that he is, Tim figures that the tools were taken to some recording studio where a show about dinosaurs is being filmed. His lazy friends decide to stay behind and guard the Tool Time studio while Tim goes to get attacked by vicious dinosaurs.

I'm totally gonna kill this raptor with my staple gun.
Tim's main weapon is a staple gun, which isn't the most accurate thing in the world. He can pick up other weapons, too, but they all equally suck. As you roam around the level, you're supposed to gather the tool crates that are scattered around the place. After falling off a ledge because Tim couldn't stop running in time, I wondered why Binford doesn't just make a new set of tools. You're telling me these are the only ones in the world, and the blueprints have been destroyed?

Anyway, I'm not sure who the tool thief turned out to be, because there are no continues in this game, and I guess I'm just not savvy enough to handle “The Tool Man.” If you see a copy of this game somewhere, I suggest using it as a doorstop instead of playing it. I like to think that Tim, full of creative and ingenious ideas himself, would want it that way.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck you, my review of this game goes into greater detail than yours:

    http://www.manic-expression.com/home-improvement-snes-review/

    ReplyDelete